Skip to main content

CKC Serenity - My Dressed Up Sweater

I missed out on the tester call for the first version of this sweater, and I was a bit sad while I watched all of the testers turn theirs in. So... when there was a version 2, I jumped on it! 😉

This is a new sweater by CKC patterns - it's called "Serenity." It is an easy pattern that goes together very quickly!

The Pattern:

The pattern is for a cute almost-off-the-shoulder sweater. It has a slightly relaxed fit, really cute balloon sleeves, and a kangaroo pocket.

The top pattern goes together kind of like a raglan tee, but it's a much wider neckline. I'd say it's somewhere between a wide boatneck and off the shoulder.

It is SO quick, because NO HEMMING! That's right 😉, bands everywhere!

My Top:

I made my sweater using some sweater knit I've had in my stash for a while.... I  had been hanging onto it trying to decide what I would make. When I saw this pattern, I knew it would be perfect for it. For the bands, you need something with good recovery - I used DBP for my bands. I also used DBP for the kangaroo pocket lining because I thought the sweater might be too thick for both layers.

I don't know how you feel about them, but the balloon sleeves just make the pattern to me! 😍

I love how it turned out! It feels kind of dressy to me, so I'm loving it paired with my pearls. I'm REALLY looking forward to wearing it for a date night! 😊

Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...