Skip to main content

The 5 out of 4 Weekender

I remember seeing the Weekender Tunic when it released. I remember liking it on everyone, but I didn't get the pattern. I have one of those never-ending, always-growing list of sewing projects that I'll get to one day. Then I buy fabric with different sewing projects in mind... are you like me? 😉

Well I finally sewed up the Weekender Tunic this week, and.... um.... Why on Earth did I wait so long?? Y'all this pattern is awesome! It's my new favorite sweater!!

**Disclosure: I have included my affiliate link to the patterns I used for this post. If you choose to purchase a pattern from 5 out of 4 using my link, I'll receive a small commission of the sale at no additional cost to you.**

Have you ever had this happen to you? You put off making something, and then you wonder how you've lived without it? Don't get me wrong, I love most of the things I make... but every now and then, I'll try a finished project on, and I get REALLY excited.

That was the case with this Weekender Tunic! I finished everything but the hem, and tried it on. I was SO excited to get back in there and hem it! I checked the weather to see if I could wear it that day... unfortunately it was too warm, so I just wore it around the house until I had to leave! But I can't wait for a day that I really need a super cozy top! Because now, I have the perfect one!

All About the Pattern: 

The Weekender Tunic is a loose-fitting, knit pattern. You'll need a knit fabric with about 25% stretch. As the name suggests, there is one length - tunic length. The hem can either be made straight or can be slightly curved up in the front. There is also an option to finish the straight hem with a band, if you prefer.

There are three options for the neckline. You can choose from a crew neckline, a funnel neckline, or a hood.

If you choose a crew neck or a hood, you can either make it with a regular front bodice, or there is an option to have a little lace up at the top. 

You can choose from several sleeve lengths as well, or you can optionally finish the arms with thumb-hole cuffs. 

This is the perfect top for wearing with jeans or leggings! It is a quick sew and so comfortable. You'll want to fill your closet with Weekender Tunics!

My Top: 

I made my top using a stable sweater fabric I purchased last year from Amelia Lane Designs. They had sweater mystery boxes last year at the end of the season, and they were an amazing price, so I bought two! I'm excited that I have finally used one of my 6 two-yard cuts!

I'm not entirely sure what type of fabric this is, but I LOVE it!

I don't really like hoods... I don't wear hoods on my head, and I find them to be annoying on my back, so, I chose to do the funnel neckline. I really like how it turned out. 


I was trying to decide on sleeves - there is a long sleeve option and an extra long sleeve option. I have long arms, and ended up opting for the extra long sleeve options. I actually didn't hem the sleeves, but rolled them a couple of times, as suggested in the pattern tutorial, and I LOVE the look!

This pattern was a very quick sew. I bet I spent about an hour on it from cutting to finishing the hem. 

I'm already planning to sew the pattern a few more times! I kind of think I'll want to wear it everyday once the weather cools off! 😉

See the Pattern: The pattern is on sale for $5 this weekend, and I promise it's worth that! I really love it! I wish I had tried it sooner! https://5outof4.com/product/womens-weekender-tunic/?affiliates=335 (affiliate link to the pattern) 

Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...