Skip to main content

The Amelia Lane Designs Dream Tee

If you're like me, you enjoy trying something new. And it's not often that you get to sew a pattern and fabric from the SAME company! 😉

Amelia Lane Designs recently released their first pattern - the Dream Tee, and I had the opportunity to sew it in new ALD fabric - this beautiful Two-Tone Mustard. I really love the result!! 

As I mentioned, this is the first pattern released by Amelia Lane Designs. I'm amazed at how much they've grown in the almost- year that they've been in business. From supplying lots of beautiful fabrics to becoming quite the resource for information on patterns, hacks, adjustments, and more on their blog, to now releasing a pattern, WOW! 


This is called the Dream Tee. It was sparked by an idea that Mya has had in her head for a while, and she worked SO hard to pull this off! It is really a nice pattern for so many reasons! 

It is a dolman style top or dress. You have the option for adding in 3/4 or long sleeves. The sleeves can be attached like regular sleeves or as cuffs. There are two neckline options - the scoop neck or the plunge V-neck. It comes with an amazing tutorial with photos explaining every step. There are special tips for attaching the v-neck. I've heard fabulous things about Mya's method - I kind of want to try it despite my dislike of sewing v-necks. Everyone is having good results. 

With it being a dolman style sleeve, it's really pretty fast to sew. You need a knit fabric with a little stretch, and you'll have a new top or dress in no time! 

I would say it's definitely worth owning! You can sew up your ALD pretties in your new ALD pattern! 😉


For my dress, I used a new DBP (double brushed poly) fabric that Amelia Lane Designs just stocked - it's the two-tone mustard fabric. I've used several of the other two-tone fabrics, and I've really loved them all! 

This one is so soft, and such a pretty color. I'd probably say it's a bit more of a gold than a mustard but it's so gorgeous in person! You won't be sad if you order it! 😍 

While this is DBP, I feel like all of the two tone DBP I have sewn has slightly less stretch than other DBP. It's still plenty for most patterns, however! 🙂

For release weekend, it is discounted to $7.99. It's a great price for a beautiful fabric. 

I really love my new dress! I'm looking forward to trying out the top option! 

Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...