Skip to main content

A Lounge Set

We've been staying home a lot recently. nd most days, I've been getting dressed. I have like twenty comfortable knit dresses, so that's been perfect. But some days, especially rainy days, I'm not much in the mood to wear a dress. I just want something comfy. But not pajamas, you know? 

I kind of shopped on-line for something back around my birthday. You know, I thought I might treat myself to something new, but I didn't really find much I loved. 

A couple of weeks ago, I saw someone in the Amelia Lane Designs Facebook Group wearing leggings she made from DBP... so I had to try it! 

**Disclosure: I have included my affiliate link to the patterns I used for this post. If you choose to purchase a pattern using my link, I'll receive a small commission of the sale at no additional cost to you**

I made a lounge set using two tried and true patterns for me - both from 5 out of 4! 



These are the NINJA Pants! 

These are very easy, comfortably fitting leggings. They go together very quickly - I can probably make a pair in about thirty minutes. They have no side seams. They have different length options, and different waist options. They're also FREE! 😃

I used the ankle length, high waist option for these pants. 


After finishing the pants, I thought, "I REALLY need something good to pair with these..." I put a little thought into it and went and grabbed my trusty Michelle Tee pattern.



This is the third time I've sewn this pattern. I really like it. I used it last summer with some athletic/ triathlon fabric. I also used it in the winter for a 3/4 sleeve DBP top, which is also a favorite for me. So,  I knew I'd love this. 

This is a pattern for a basic, fitted tee. It has different sleeve length options, and the option of either top length or tunic length. 

I used the short sleeves and top length this time. 

I think this worked out to be the perfect pajama/ lounge set. I've had it for a few days, and I've already slept in it like three times! It is so comfortable! Why did I never think to use DBP for loungewear before? I'm certainly a fan!! 😉

The Fabric:

This is one of the NEW ARRIVALS at Amelia Lane Designs this weekend! They are all solids, and all on sale through MONDAY!  

There are some super beautiful colors! Don't miss them! 💓

Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...