Skip to main content

More Athletic-Wear... leggings and a tank

So for this set, I tried ANOTHER new to me pattern! More new athletic fabric from Amelia Lane Designs plus another awesome pattern = another great athletic set!


So... let's talk about this one! 😉

**Disclosure: I have included my affiliate links to some of the patterns used in this post. If you choose to purchase a pattern using my link, I'll receive a small commission of the sale at no additional cost to you.**

The Pattern:

Have you ever been so intrigued by a pattern that you couldn't wait to try it? Then when you got ready to actually try it, it was different from everything you'd ever used, so you got a bit intimidated. And it took awhile for you to to find the courage? No? Well... that was totally me with this pattern.

This pattern really was awesome, but wow, was it different from anything else! That can be a good thing, right? This pattern designer really thinks outside the box, so to speak, and came up with something really great, but really different.

Many patterns, you choose your size based on your waist and hip measurements. If they fit into different sizes, you blend your pattern to make it work for you. But for this pattern, you take several measurements - your waist, your hip, your thigh, your knee, your calf, your ankle, your rise, plus a few others. You input the measurements into a form on their website, you tell it what fit you want, what rise your want, what seam allowance you like, and BAM... you have your perfect pattern made exactly for you!
the option I chose has a side panel and pocket!
Yeah, before starting, I was a little intimidated, but honestly, there was no reason to be.

Sooooo..... what is this magic pattern? I know, I know... it's more math than magic probably, but it kind of feels a little magical to have the perfect fitting pattern with no adjustments - these are the MY FIT LEGGINGS from Apostrophe Patterns.

Read the reviews... I promise they're as great as everyone says.

My Top:

I used the Love Notions Summer Basics tank and dress for this top. I've used the pattern before for a knee length dress, and really loved it, so I expected I'd like the tank as well, and I do.



I wanted something with binding or my athletic set, because I really love the look of binding. In general, it can look a little more finished than bands, in my opinion.

This fabric has good stretch but probably more recovery and is a bit thicker than the fabrics I would usually use for sewing a tank. I can see it being perfect as is in a double brushed poly or something similar, but for this particular athletic fabric, I wished I had sized up. I like the fit, but there is a bit of pulling around the bust that likely wouldn't be there had I sized up.

I love my tank though - I'm certain it'll get a lot of use as both athletic wear and everyday wear in the warmer months.

Pattern Links:

the top I used https://www.lovenotions.com/product/summer-basics-tank-dress?affiliates=382 (affiliate)

the leggings I made https://apostrophepatterns.com/products/myfit-leggings?variant=29458037964844

The Fabric:

The fabric is a dri-fit from Amelia Lane Designs. It's such a pretty blue! It is 300gsm - heavy enough for leggings, but also perfect for fitted tops and sports bras! 


Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...