Wardrobe my Me is one of my favorite pattern companies to test for. I always love the result, and the style of the patterns is really what draws me in. They are really beautiful and always end up being favorites for me. The new release is no different from the others... they're already on repeat in my wardrobe! 😍
This is the new Harmony Blouse!
This pattern has three neckline options and two hem lengths. There are also several sleeve lengths available for this.
I sewed two of the neckline options during testing. View A has a cute woven detail that ties in the front. View B has a woven detail with little pleats, and a placket that buttons in the front. View C is made with knit fabric, but has a woven bias tape to finish the neckline. This pattern is drafted for knit fabrics, with the exception of the front detail and the bias tape. There are instructions included in the pattern for folding and making your own bias tape.
One length of the pattern is hip length and the other is 4" longer. There is a cap sleeve piece and regular fitted sleeve pieces for short, 3/4 length and long sleeves.
The top is a bit fitted at the bust and flares out at the waist and hips. It has a very flattering shape. It's a very easy sew, and surprisingly quick, even with the woven detail on the front!
This is my top, View A. I made it from a scrap piece of fabric I got a while ago in a scrap box. The top really doesn't require much fabric. It's an easy sew, and very cute! I also used a scrap of woven for the neckline detail (from a different dress I made last year). I love the colors together!
My second top in testing was view B! I hesitated to make view B, because I thought it looked complicated. But then I remembered that I've never had a bad experience with any WBM pattern, or their instructions, so I went for it! I'm super happy I did, because I think it's my favorite of the two I made!! 💓 This one has a little pleats on each side of the front woven detail and a button placket in the center front. I actually used store bought bias tape for this one since I chose a solid white for the button placket, and I already had white double fold bias tape on hand. I really enjoyed sewing this!
This is the only version I have not made yet! It doesn't have the woven detail in the front - it's just more of a basic shirt, but the neckline is finished with bias tape like the others! It's simple, and would be very quick to make! I'm looking forward to trying it out with fabric that does not have the necessary recovery for a regular neckband. It'll be a nice pattern to have in my collection for that, for sure!
Two sleeve pieces are included in this pattern. There is the cap sleeve, which I used for both of my shirts, and there is the regular fitted sleeve that has several length options. I'll use the other sleeve piece for when the weather cools off! 😉
The pattern is drafted for knit fabrics. You'll want a small piece of woven fabric for the front detail and the bias tape. I used DBP for both of my tops. The woven detail on both was made from 100% cotton.
The pattern is currently on sale! 😍 Run check it out! It has many options, making it the perfect addition to your pattern stash!!