Skip to main content

A Perfect Pair - My Mama's Newest Sinclair Ivy

When this fabric came, I was planning to sew it for my mama. I've made her a few tops in the past couple of months and planned to use one of the same patterns - either the Love Notions Laundry Day Tee or the Wardrobe by Me Sneha Tunic. I didn't order any coordinates to go with it, so I planned to make the whole top from the same fabric.

I was getting ready to cut it out last weekend, but I needed to clean up some of my mess first from my last couple of sewing projects. So I started folding scraps, and put them to the side... right beside my folded new fabric for the top. I kind of fell in love with the two fabrics together. So here is my accidental coordinate: The NEW "ELLIS" Rayon Spandex from Amelia Lane Designs and their Denim Pointelle. Aren't they just beautiful together?

So I KNEW I had to use them together. My mind immediately went to the Sinclair Ivy. It is perfect for using two fabrics, I already had had her size printed because I've made her a couple of these before, I already knew the pattern fit her really well and that I love it on her, so I just changed my plans, and went with it! 😊

I got it ready for her to pick up. My sister took her pictures. When she sent them to me, I got super excited, because I thought they turned out so good! I knew I loved the fabrics together, and the pictures show the colors off so nicely! 💓

The Pattern:

I've used this pattern in the past for myself and for my mama. I love the fit on both of us! It is fitted through the shoulders, and then the fit starts to relax at and below the bust. It has a beautiful, wide pleat in the center back, and the back has a curved hem.

It is a very easy sew, and goes together surprisingly quickly. Yeah, it takes a tiny bit longer than a regular tee, but I think it's so worth it. I love the details on this one! 

With the design of this pattern, it's perfect for color-blocking with all your gorgeous coordinates. A small scrap is perfect for using for the top yoke and sleeve pieces. I had a tiny scrap left of this pointelle fabric after making tanks for my sister and me, so this piece is perfect for using as a scrap buster!

The Fabric:

As I mentioned, the main fabric for this top is called "Ellis" at Amelia Lane Designs. The coordinate I used for the top/ yoke piece is Denim Pointelle. 

The main fabric is a rayon spandex fabric. I really love this rayon spandex. In the past, most rayon spandex that I have worked with was very stretchy, both horizontally and vertically. This one doesn't really have vertical stretch. I loved sewing this - it was very easy to work with. 

I think it turned out so beautifully! 

You can get this fabric and all the new arrivals from Amelia Lane Designs on sale now. See the page with new fabrics here: https://www.amelialanedesigns.com/new-arrivals-1

Thanks for Reading 💗

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...