Skip to main content

The Annelaine Nashville

Last year, I saw this fabric, and fell in love. I bought it and have had it folded on a shelf for close to a year. 

Recently, when Amelia Lane Designs stocked this one, I got so excited because it was JUST like my beautiful hoarded gold/brown medallion fabric, but had more blue/grey tones. I loved it just as much. I made a dress from it. See that dress here.

**Disclosure: I have included my affiliate link to the pattern I used for this post. If you choose to purchase a pattern using my link, I'll receive a commission of the sale at no additional cost to you**

Then, this week, when Annelaine announced that their Nashville Dress was discounted for the week, I decided to take the opportunity to sew one. I looked at my fabric stash and eventually chose to cut into this one.

The Fabric:

The fabric is a double brushed poly (DBP) fabric I got from Amelia Lane Designs. It is so soft, and perfect for making tops and dresses. This fabric is no longer available, but the new colorway is. See it here. 


As I mentioned, I sewed the Annelaine Nashville Dress. This is a top or dress pattern drafted for knit fabrics. It has dolman style sleeves. The neckline is easily turned under and hemmed. The front bodice can be a regular one piece bodice, or can have a front placket. You can choose short sleeves or long sleeves. There is a gathered skirt piece. You can choose a one tier skirt, or multiple tiers. The skirt can have a basic straight hem, or you can add a ruffle to the bottom. There is also the option to fully line the bodice. It can be sewn with a hood as well. 


The pattern is available in child and adult sizes. It goes together very quickly and easily. 
You can see the Line Drawings from the Annelaine Website here, 


My Dress:

When I was getting ready to sew my dress, I was trying to decide whether I wanted the solid front piece or a placket. Well... it just so happens that Amelia Lane Designs is running a "Bingo" game in their Facebook Group. One of the bingo squares is to sew something with notions. So I decided that using the placket would allow me to complete one of my bingo boxes! I made a non-functioning placket; I didn't sew buttonholes, but sewed the buttons through both pieces of the placket. So mine doesn't actually unbutton and open, but this is stretch fabric, so it doesn't really need to.


Image from the Amelia Lane Designs Facebook group-BINGO

I chose the one tier gathered skirt for my dress. I hate gathering, y'all. So whenever I can, I choose to gather with elastic. I measured the size of the bodice and cut the elastic that length. I sewed the elastic into a loop. Then, I used a zigzag stitch to sew the elastic to my skirt, making it approximately the same width as my bodice. Next, I just stitched the skirt to the bodice, as usual.  Maybe one day I'll be more proficient at gathering. But I kind of like this method for knit fabrics, anyway.

Links: 

See this fabric in a different colorway: https://www.amelialanedesigns.com/product-page/sierra
See the link in the ALD group about the Bingo Game: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ALDfabric/permalink/684003062133098/

Thanks for Reading 💗I hope you have enjoyed this post! I would love for you to come follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Also, come subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of new posts below! 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free and Easy... Sewing the Agnes by Halla!

I love trying new things when it comes to sewing. I love learning new techniques, how to do things different ways, and figuring things out. For the most part, I also enjoy trying new-to-me pattern designers. This was my first ever pattern by Halla  - the AGNES . Yep, I downloaded it a long time ago when it released, but this was my first time ever making it! I downloaded it with intentions of trying it because it was so popular. It may have been popular because it's a FREE pattern (you can get the code to download it in the Halla Facebook Group ), or it may have been really popular because it's FREE and REALLY AWESOME. This blog tour gave me a chance to find out for myself! I participated in this blog tour put together by Kate of  Sewing from Scratch ... the idea is that we would all sew the same pattern, but make it our own. If we love it as is, we sew it as is. If we want a cute bow (Gwen😉), we add a cute bow, if we want to make all the adjustments to get our perfect ...

Breaking Ground... FINALLY trying out Itch To Stitch

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Itch To Stitch Patterns, and I've been meaning to try them out. In fact, I may own one or two, but have never sewed them. When I heard about this "Breaking Ground" Blog Tour, I knew it was the perfect time to try out one of these designers that I've been wanting to try, but apparently haven't had the motivation to sew. I had a scrap of this liverpool left over that I really love, so I had to find the perfect thing to make. I remembered seeing this cute petal pencil skirt on the Itch To Stitch site. It looked easy enough, and would be perfect for my fabric, so I thought, "Why not start with that?" **This post may contain my affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from my link, I will receive a small commision of the sale at no additional charge to you.** So here we are... the push I finally needed to spend a few minutes sewing (minutes is right... it's a fast sew). Look at my new skir...

Fun, Fast, and Free - Fresh Looks for Summer!

When I first saw the information about the "Boys in Summer" Blog Tour hosted by Made for Little Gents , I knew I wanted to participate! My boys are the reason I started sewing! I HAD to participate. But, what would I sew? I contemplated what I might make for a couple of weeks, and then it hit me... it would be super fun to highlight a couple of great freebies! EVERYONE loves free stuff. Free patterns are a great way to try a new designer out before making a purchase, they're perfect for adding some variety to your pattern stash without spending money, and they're just super fun... because more patterns = more stuff you get to make. 😁 So the freebies I'm going to talk to you about today are from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop . I love Peek-a-boo patterns. I've made a few of them for my boys and have tested a few as well. I feel like the instructions are mostly geared towards beginners, so any skill level can be successful with her patterns. I've really en...